A CIVIL WEDDING
There are some legal requirements for getting married in Cyprus either in the Municipality or a Church Wedding , please keep in mind some legal and necessary steps.
* Only original documents will be accepted.
Email a friend
* Birth certificate, originals for bride and groom.
* Passport- Both passports need to be valid.
* Adoption certificate, needed in the event that either bride or groom is adopted.
* Deed Poll certificate, needed in the event that either person changed his or her name.
* Decree absolute, needed in the event that either the bride or groom is divorced.
* Death certificate, needed in the event that either bride or groom is widowed.
* If under 18 years of age a parent or guardian consent in writing.
*Evidence of freedom to marry, a statutory declaration of freedom to marry. Must be stamped by a Commissioner of Oaths in their home country or by the Court in Cyprus.